Now officialy approved by ROAR for race use!
"Shorty" Packs are designed to give you an extra tuning advantage when setting up your ride, while the pack shares the same width and depth as a conventional 2 cell 7.4v hardcase Lipoly battery, the length has been reduced. In a standard 1/10th scale vehicle this shorter length allows the pack to be moved forward or backward giving you a tuning option previously unheard of. Maximize your air time with a perfectly balanced Truck, Buggy or SCT using nano-tech shorty packs!
More than just a fancy name. TURNIGY nano-tech lithium polymer batteries are built with an LiCo nano-technology substrate complex greatly improving power transfer making the oxidation/reduction reaction more efficient, this helps electrons pass more freely from anode to cathode with less internal impedance.
In short, less voltage sag and a higher discharge rate than a similar density lithium polymer (non nano-tech) battery.
Unfortunately with other big brands, numbers, ratings and graphs can be fudged. Rest assured, TURNIGY nano-techs are the real deal, delivering unparalleled performance!
Voltage: 2S2P / 2S Cell / 7.4V
Discharge: 65C Constant / 130C Burst
Weight: 189.9g (excluding wire & case)
Balance Plug: JST
Discharge Plug: 4mm Bullet-connector to your own custom plug
Model no: NC4200.2S2P.65
Advantages over traditional Lipoly batteries;
• Power density reaches 7.5 kw/kg.
• Less Voltage sag during high rate discharge, giving more power under load.
• Internal impedance can reach as low as 1.2mO compared to that of 3mO of a standard Lipoly.
• Greater thermal control, pack usually doesn’t exceed 60degC
• Swelling during heavy load doesn’t exceed 5%, compared to 15% of a normal Lipoly.
• Higher capacity during heavy discharge. More than 90% at 100% C rate.
• Fast charge capable, up to 15C on some batteries.
• Longer Cycle Life, almost double that of standard lipoly technology.
The nano-core technology in lithium ion batteries is the application of nanometer conductive additives. The nanometer conductive additives form ultra-strong electron-conducting networks in the electrodes which can increase electronic conductivity. These additives create the ability for imbibition in the carrier liquid to supply more ion channels.
This improves the ability of ion transmission and ion diffusion. Through improving electronic conductivity and ion transmission, the impedance is reduced and the polarization of high rate discharge decreases greatly.